🔒 Key Points:
- Angola's apex bank, Banco Nacional de Angola, faced a cyberattack on January 6th, 2024.
- The breach was swiftly contained with no significant damage to crucial infrastructure or data.
- The bank remains vigilant, implementing internationally recognized cybersecurity standards to categorize and manage such incidents.
- Despite the surge in cyber threats, the financial system of Angola has evolved rapidly in recent decades, with Banco Nacional de Angola overseeing substantial assets.
- The incident aligns with a broader trend of cyber attacks on African government-owned financial institutions, underscoring the need for heightened cybersecurity measures.
Read more on BenjaminDada